EWR 2.0 Infos

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Mitarbeiter gesucht! Meldet Euch bei Interesse bei unserem Misawa

Es gibt 21 Antworten in diesem Thema. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Silk.

• Hi,

you'll be glad to know that EWR 2.0 is going pretty well. I've got rid of some bugs from the old versions, and added some new features. I will be including a data converter that will make 1.4 data files compatible with the new version. As usual, you will not be able to use save games from previous versions with 2.0.

NEW FEATURES (these are already done and in the game, so are guaranteed to be in):

* Roster Split
      * Brand new TV Network section
      * Experience value for tag teams
      * Multiple teams per person
      * Creative Control clause for contracts
      * Written and Verbal contracts for staff
      * Brand new merchandising and advertising methods
      * Buy-outs have been improved
      * New angles (75+ in total now)

NOTES:

*** Roster splits are finally in, as i came up with a pretty cool way (well i think is anyway!) to put them in the game, without making them so like the WWE version that it took away your flexibility. They work as follows - each federation has four slots for possible "splits". You can name them, leave them blank, whatever you want. For example, the WWE starts with "Raw" as one split, and "Smackdown" as the other. If you wanted, you could add a further two ("Heat" and "Velocity" i guess). They don't have to be done like this of course - you could just as easily use them as divisions - "Super Junior", "Hardcore", "Tag Team", etc. It's totally up to you what you want to do. Each worker on your roster can be either in one of the four divisions, or be in "None". What does it do? Well, when you look at your roster, you can now alter the criteria to show only people from a certain split (so, for example, only "Raw" talent). When you go to the booking sheet, there is a button that says "Use only people from split..." and you can choose which one you want (or none). This ONLY applies to the actual competitors. So if you chose to select only "Raw" workers, the list you are presented with to choose workers would only have Raw people in it. However, you are free to choose from any worker at all to do run ins, angles, interviews, etc, so you can easily do "invasions".

*** The new TV Networks feature time slots, which affect what risk level and possible audience level you can get. You can negotiate with the network to move you around the schedule to try and get the best possible deal. If you run head-to-head with another show, it does affect your ratings as well, so you can recreate the Monday Night Wars ™ if you wish.

*** Tag team experience goes up by 1 point for every match they tag together in. New teams start at 0 experience. The higher the experience level, the more comfortable the members become teaming together, and so the better the matches are. Each worker can be in more than one team, with each team having a different experience level - for example, Bubba is in the Dudley Boyz with D-Von at 100 experience, but also with Spike as New Dudley Boyz with 40 experience. This way, it is better for you to either sign up experienced teams, or create them yourselves.

*** Creative control clauses can be written into contracts for big names, like Hogan. It means that they can refuse to job, do feuds, etc, if they don't like your plans, and there is nothing you can do about it. Makes booking harder, and means politics come into play.

RUMOURED FEATURES (not done yet, but possible new additions):

* A fourth Internet site
      * Handicap matches
      * Press conferences after major shows
      * More angles

The game is likely to be released in late November \ early December (definitely before Christmas).

©
      Überall in Europa gehen die Lichter aus. Wir werden sie nicht wieder angehen sehen.
      Sir Edward Grey, brit. Außenminister beim Beginn des 1. Weltkriegs
    • Original von Silk
      HOLY SHIT THIS ROCKS TOTALLY!

So etwas in der Art habe ich auch gedacht! ;)
      Überall in Europa gehen die Lichter aus. Wir werden sie nicht wieder angehen sehen.
    • Hi,

OK, here's update #2 for EWR 2.0:

-- the main addition since last time has been time slots \ number of booking slots. If you have a show at 2am in the morning, you only get 5-6 booking slots for your TV show. If you're running a prime time show, you get the full amount. This is pretty cool, as it means if you start out as a low level fed, planning who gets TV time is a lot more important

-- Scott Keith is now tougher in his ratings.

-- There are a bunch of new angles. My new strategy is to play the game as normal, and everytime i come up with an angle that i think "wow, this would be cool" i add it. At the moment, i'm running a RoH game where Chris Daniels' Prophecy is running rampant as an evil "ministry"-like stable, and so there are a bunch of new "darker" stable angles. I've also added the debut \ hype videos that have been asked for, and also a few angles to reveal the stalker. Using a Scotsman idea, i've also added "date specific" angles (i.e. - angles that are only available on certain days of the year). Overall, there are currently 75 different angle types in the game, i think there will probably be around 90-100 by the time EWR2.0 comes out.

-- I'm still planning on adding handicap matches, but i keep thinking of other more important stuff which is delaying them. They'll end up in the game eventually....i hope.

-- Contract negotiations are now a bit more flexible, i've made it so that you can play off certain bits against each other - so by giving them more money than they asked for, you can pesuade a non-wrestler to become active again, etc.

The game is still planned to be released around December time, depending on how much time i spend playing Smackdown 4.

Adam
    • ein sehr berühmter Schweizer sagte Mal: "Freude Herrscht!"
      Nun, ich bin nicht so berühmt wie der Adolf Ogi, aber bei den News... :klatscher: :klatscher: da krieg ich echt ein mega fettes :D in mein gesicht und ich kann echt nicht mehr aufhören damit :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
      Let's get ready to ruuuuuuumble.... *hell yeahh* 8)
    • Momentan läufts mit meiner XPW super! (8)
      Ich überlege nun, das Risk Level zurückzuschrauben, um einen besseren TV Vertrag zu bekommen... ;)
      Naja, auf jeden Fall hab ich mittlerweile Cult Level erreicht! :)
      Aber auf jeden Fall freue ich mich auf EWR 2.0! Wird bestimmt der Hammer! :thumbsup:
    • Stark verbessern ---> je höher der Level der Liga...da du da die besseren Verträge kriegst.
      Der Risk level ist sehr spielentscheidend. Setzt du ihn hoch bekommst du neue Matcharten die sehr viel gefährlicher sind...allerdings gehen die Fernsehsender und Sponsoren nur bis zu einem bestimmten Level mit und wenn der überschritten wird, wird VErtrag schnell mal gekündigt.

F-U Europe *clap clap clap*
    • Endlich gibts mal wieder was neues zu EWR 2.0, aber seht selbst:

Hi,

got a whole bunch of stuff done at the weekend:

* the stats update is now complete. The new game will start with 31 promotions, 1270 workers, 220 tag teams, etc. Basically, it's more detailed than ever before.

* I found a few small bugs that hadn't been reported before, one involving the editor, the other involving the booking sheet. The former is fixed, the latter is my next task.

* The fourth web site is now complete, and rocks. It still needs a tiny bit of work on its story-generating engine, but it a very cool feature.

* I've done some work on the lay-out, should be finished shortly. Basically i've moved some boxes around, changed some of the colour scheme, and widened some drop-down menus (so that names don't get cut off) to make it easier to use.

* The bad news is that due to deadlines at work, i'm not going to get everything i hoped to do ready for EWR2.0. In particular, it looks like some of the extra matches are going to be put back to EWR2.1. That's not to say EWR2.0 isn't a huge step forward - the changes to the tag and TV sections alone make it a far better game - but it won't have everything that was scheduled to be in.

Adam
    • Hello,

crappy weather meant i got stuck indoors all weekend, but it meant i did get a lot done on EWR. I started a new game as CZW, and decided to just flat out play the game for as long as possible, and fix anything that i saw that wasn't going right, or i felt would be useful. Some of the new stuff:

*** CPU-controlled feds are now more succesful. I was finding that nearly all of them were losing public image at a fast rate, or going bankrupt. This has now been changed, so a lot of them actually do become succesful and rise in the ratings. In the game i was playing (with 30 CPU-feds), after 12 months of play: 5 have gone bankrupt, 5 have actually risen to a new level, 3 have dropped a level, and the others have had minor rises or decreases in PI. So, pretty even overall.

*** There is now a "performance" counter for each promotion (including your own). This is basically a row of 5 symbols, which show the performance of the fed over the past 5 months. "O" = an increase in PI, "X" means a decrease, "-" means no change. So, if a federation had "OOX-X" as their performance counter, that would mean they did badly, then had no change, then lost more PI, but have gained in image for the past two months. Meanwhile, "OOOOO" would mean they are on a huge run of success.

*** I've altered it so that CPU-wrestlers develop more as the game goes along. There are two triggers for this - when a federation rises or falls to a different level, their wrestlers' overness is affected (by quite a lot if they are a major star for that fed). Also, each wrestler will be evaluated twice a year, in which their overness is compared to their stats, and altered accordingly. So, for example, if AJ Styles gets evaluated, the game will realise that he is far more talented than his position in NWATNA suggests, and so his overness will increase to make up for that.

*** 8 new angles have been added, with a further 10 or so to be added before December. There are currently 79 in total.

*** New feature is that when you fire\release a guy, other federations can immediately take him from you. This is to stop people firing a guy just to rehire him immediately.

Adam
    • Hier ein brandaktuelles Preview für den neuesten Teil der EWR Reihe:

Extreme Warfare Revenge 2.0 Review

by Martin Kipp

It's the long Remembrance Day weekend here in Canada. When I'm not out at the movies, partying, or at the gym, I'm relaxing at home; and if I'm relaxing at home, I'm playing EWR 1.4. And oh, what a sweet game I have going. I'm MCW. I'm moving up the regional ranks really fast. I'm building future stars. I'm bringing in ex-WWE stars in order to speed things up even more. Things can't go wrong at all. There's only ONE thing that could stop me from continuing my EWR 1.4 game.

And it happened too.

It's Monday morning, Remembrance Day, as I had awoke much earlier than I would've liked. I decide to surf the net. That's when I got a mail from Adam:

Hey, just checking if you've realized that I sent you EWR 2.0 to your other account.

At that point, I could pretty much kiss EWR 1.4 good-bye.

As it stands, I'm one of the first to have a copy of the most anticipated update of arguably the great wrestling booking simulator ever. I played around with it. I tried different promotions. I explored the new features. I did just about everything as far as trying out the new stuff. Then, I decided to play as the WWE and try my own random roster split. I loved the way the split works so much that I wanted to write a diary covering the WWE. Adam had a better idea: Write a review for the game for Extreme Warfare Battleground II. It was also supposed to be a "quick" review, but if it was quick, don't you think it would've ended by this paragraph?

So, that's where we are here. Now, this review isn't going to cover if EWR passes with flying colours, because most people on EWB feel it does. What this review will cover is if the improvements and add-ons are really that great to begin with. The game is still great, but does the new stuff improve the game even more, or are we still mainly at the status quo?

Therefore, this review is going to break everything down into the familiar EWR categories, analyze the additions, and rank the effectiveness of each addition, on a scale from 1 to 10. Basically, a lot of questions regarding downloading whatever next version of EWR is: Is it worth it or is my current version enough to cover everything? Hopefully, this review answers that question for everyone.

File Editor: What, you may ask, is a new addition to the File Editor? Is there a fanbase section, where you edit crowds? An internet writers section, filled with everyone from Scott Keith to Dave Meltzer to Bruce Mitchell? Heh, no silly. Stored in the File Editor is a Data Converter, which does convert EWR 1.4 data to EWR 2.0 data. As of this writing, I haven't tested the converter. However, assuming that it functions properly, this will make a lot of people who would like to continue their EWR 1.4 game VERY happy. Rating: 7/10

Booking Screen: Not much to tell you about any add-ons to matches, interviews, or angles. There's a bunch of angles added, with the most notable probably being the ability to just give someone a title, ala Triple H. However, where your show is booked is neat, as you may not get all 11 booking slots anymore. For example, Heat is shown in the early evening, so you only get 8 slots. Very neat. Rating: 8/10

Business Screen: This, of course, has your merchandising advertising, sponsors, etc. The improvements here? Well, your merchandising and advertising is now handled via a slidebar, making it far more realistic. Also, there's far more sponsors added, making it a lot easier for the smaller promotions to stick around longer. Competition is good! Rating: 7/10

Roster: Oh, hot damn, is this section a goody, for a ton of reasons. First, contracts. Remember when you'd like non-wrestlers like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels to step back in the ring and wrestle full-time instead of PPVs? Well, no more, as you can now talk non-wrestlers into wrestling full-time again. The catch? You try to do that, and they'll waive a nice "creative control" clause in front of your face. What does that mean. If you try to job them, your screwed. No "Continue Anyway?" option; they'll hold the show up until you agree to not job them. Or, if it's Bret Hart you're dealing with, you can book him against Shawn Michaels, book a Sharpshooter spot with Bret the victim and yell "RING THE F*CKING BELL!" Okay, sadly, that booking doesn't quite exist. But it sure makes things tougher than imagined. Next up: the roster split. The options are endless. You have 1-4 roster split sections and you can handle them anyway you want. You can do the WWE Raw/Smackdown split, you can have a 4-way split, you can stick all your lightweights into a section just to keep track of all of them, it doesn't matter. Also, you have the option of a random split with all, or some, of your roster. Or fix all your splits. Do what you want to do. The contract options alone would've made this an easy 8 at least, but the stuff you can do with the roster split feature is absolutely amazing. Rating: 10/10

Staff: No changes to your own staff. Rating: N/A

Feuds: No changes to feuds. Rating: N/A

Other Promotions: Thanks to inputting data from the RaveX updates, Adam has over 30 promotions in the game. They even included Jacques Rougeau's promotion, which is roughly 2 hours from where I live! But that's not the best part of the promotions section. The best part is a new feature when buying out promotions that was just added: When you buy out a promotion, if you choose the takeover method, you not only get all the workers (verbal or written contracts), but you also bring in the promotion's titles! That's right. Now you can repeat the WWF/WCW invasion of 2001 and mess everything up by moving both the WWF and WCW titles on everyone! Heh! Okay, maybe you don't want to do that, but when you combine it with the new roster split function, you can pretty much simulate the running of another promotion as a separate entity within your own roster. Finally, another great function Adam has implemented is the changing of overness of workers in other promotions. Basically, if a promotion's public image increases after a show, certain workers' overness increases. Same goes for a decreasing of a public image, as it will cause some worker's overness to decrease. This makes things much more interesting as far as other workers go and varies things a bit more than usual. Rating: 10/10

Other Workers: Again, via RaveX, Adam has over 1200 workers in EWR, so you can imagine the selection you have as far as hunting for free agents. The nice part of this is that this many wrestlers mean that the random wrestler generator doesn't kick in, as I think we can all agree that over 1200 wrestlers can make a game of EWR, right? The real plus with this is the inability to hire created wrestlers who have no problem getting paid a measley $15,000 a month. I mean, how easy is it to make money in EWR if you pay guys that??? Rating: 7/10

Other Staff: Nothing new in Other Staff, besides more RaveX additions, including the "new" promtions' owners. However, this part gets a passing grade because the most-requested character to appear in the game is Mick Foley. Okay, you'll see him in the File Editor, but not the Other Staff, since he's an owner in the game. But hey, Mick Foley in the game is great for me! Rating: 5/10

Titles: Nothing new in titles, although I'd personally like it if you had the option of making a title exclusive to one brand. There's also the buy-out title option as already covered. Plus, despite Adam getting the WWE title names correct, I'm extremely saddened that he didn't let his cynical side get the best of him and just rename the World Heavyweight Title the "HHH title". Rating: N/A

Events: Nothing new here. Rating: N/A

Television: Big-time changes here, ladies and gents. First, you got your TV time differences. You have early evening, prime time, late evening, and graveyard times (for you XPW marks). The ratings work differently for each time slot, and you certainly won't be able to get as many viewers, unless everyone starts sleeping at times when Cosmo Kramer of Seinfeld did that one episode. You have a ranking chart for the week's shows, where you can see how your show stacks up against the rest of the wrestling world's televisions shows! Finally, you think applying for TV shows is going to be easy still? Ha, think again, as you can only send a promo tape to ONE station per month rather than all over the place. I really like this feature, as it causes you to think which television station is best for you now. And speaking of stations, a chunkload have been added, via RaveX, including a bunch of Canadian ones. Sigh, that makes me want to crack open a Molson right now! Rating: 9/10

Stables: No changes here, and when I asked Adam about what he thought of the condition of the Stables feature, he drank a glass of whiskey, sobbed, and cried about how Al Snow never got to win the Intercontinental title at all during his WWE tenure. Point is, while nothing's changed with stables, he ain't happy with 'em and you can be sure that the Stables feature is going to get a MAJOR makeover (Rico-style!) for a future version. Rating: N/A

Tag Teams: This has to be arguably the greatest improvement in the game. First, wrestlers are no longer limited to one tag team. You can have guys in as many tag teams as you'd like. Combine that with the huge, and I mean, HUGE number of teams that have been added to the game and tag team fans will be in seventh heaven. Suppose you're a Chris Jericho fan. You can have him team with either Lance Storm (the Thrillseekers) or Chris Benoit (Canadian Violence). Same with a lot of others. You almost don't need to add any more teams, as almost every team in history that could still be going is in the game. Are you an old-school NWA fan. Feel free to re-live the battles of the Rock N Roll Express and the Midnight Express. Fan of late 80s WWF? The Rockers and the Hart Foundation are there for your enjoyment! Fan of the crap-ass NWA angle ran in the WWF in 1998? Well, the New Blackjacks and the New Midnight Express are there for you! Okay, I don't think anybody will book those two teams too much, but hey, they're there! Think Lance Storm's better days were in ECW? Hey, Justin Credible's right there, and so are the Impact Players! So are teams like the Power Trip (Austin, HHH), Team ECW (Sandman, Dreamer), The Gangstas (New Jack, Mustafa), and the Eliminators (Saturn, Kronus)! They're all there! The scary part? That's not even the best part of the Tag Team section. Each team now has an experience section, ranked from 1-100, which means that a veteran team like the Road Warriors have a 100 ranking, while a newer team like Hurri-Kane has a 15 ranking. This directly affects how good a tag match will be, along with the skills, crowd, and everything other factor. Each match for each team gives the experience ranking an increase of 1 point. Amazingly realistic, as it makes the use of tag teams so much fun and one of the best features in EWR now! Rating: 10/10

Finance: Nothing new here. We really need a shake-up here; maybe have incidents of disgruntled workers stealing money. Or maybe not. Rating: N/A

Meeting: Not much new to talk about here. However, with the new merchandising and advertising modifications in EWR, your finance advisor lets you know rougly how much you should spend in merch, and how much you should get back. Hey, it's handy! Rating: 5/10

Options: Nothing new in options, although since Scott Keith is in this section, it's worth noting that he no longer rates matches like he's drunk. Instead he's much more strict in star ratings. Hey, the fact that we don't have to witness the non-believability of Keith giving a Boss Man match *** is a plus in my book! Rating: 5/10

• Internet: Okay, FINALLY, the revealing of the fabled fourth website. To anybody who guessed it to be your promotion's site, congratulations! The site's name is called The Battleground (Hey, isn't that the name of some message board? Irony!) and features a bunch of news stories on your promotion. It'll hype up potential confrontations between two guys in a feud for the next TV show, inform you of ratings for your last show and let you know that certain young guys are gaining a great backstage reputation. The site also features a handy top-ten list, which is categorized differently when you go onto the site. It could give you the most charismatic stars, the most technical, the best brawlers, etc. Very handy, as it can help book certain gimmick matches to the great potential. However, the best feature of this site, which is something that Adam, Tanc, Scotsman, and I find both incredibly useful, and funny, deserves its own paragraph! It is...

THE RYLAND REPORT: What is the Ryland Report? Well, it is a report given by Battleground webmaster Adam Ryland, where he gives his analysis and thoughts on the current state of your promotion. What does this mean? Suppose you are running the WWE? What will Adam tell the web readers? Well, he'll let them know that working with the current sponsors is always a pleasure. He'll note that Raw was some high-quality programming, with a great effort by all. He'll note that Heat has potential, even if it doesn't show in the ratings. He'll note that certain midcarders like Chavo Guerrero and Tajiri will be given their chance to shine. He'll give a report on the status of OVW and note the improvement of Shelton Benjamin. He'll talk about how people want Lance Storm pushed, but that he needs to learn to work WWE style. He'll speak of Triple H and Undertaker, calling them incredible locker room leaders. He'll squash rumours that the WWE is in contract negotiations with Steve Austin. And finally, he'll inform the readers of the upcoming WWE cookbook, with his own contribution. Hopefully, by now, you know what the Ryland Report is a parody of. And hey, the Battleground features are great enough, but the Ryland Report alone puts the new website over the top. Rating: 10/10

Leider nur auf Englisch, aber eigentlich dürfte man so ziemlich alles verstehen! :)
    • Original von Chokeslam
      It's the long Remembrance Day weekend here in Canada.
      It's Monday morning, Remembrance Day

Der war am 11 Nov ;) .

Zu den updates.Die internet Sektion finde ich besonders gelungen bei EWR wenn die jetzt noch besser wird :klatscher: .Und dann noch ein Report :thumbsup: .

Wann kommt denn EWR 2.0?
      The Shockmaster botcht sein Debut als er hinfaellt….
      Davey Boy Smith kommentiert das trocken im Fernsehen:“He fell flat on his fooking arse…”
    • Anfang bis Mitte Dezember. Auf jeden Fall noch vor Weihnachten!
      Das Preview basiert auf einer noch nicht ganz fertig gestellten Version und ist noch nicht so lange veröffentlicht wie der Remembrance Day. :winke:
    • Ja, die Tag Teams werden besonders interessant, genauso wie auch die neue Website und und und... :thumbsup: