Ian McCall tritt vom MMA zurueck

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Mitarbeiter gesucht! Meldet Euch bei Interesse bei unserem Misawa

• Ian McCall tritt vom MMA zurueck

“Uncle Creepy“ Ian McCall (13-7-1) hat nach 15 Jahren sein Karriereende verkuendet. McCall galt mal als der Beste Flyweight Fighter im MMA. Gegen Johnson war die Decision enorm kontrovers, und in den folgejahren hatte er enorm viel Pech. Habe selten einen Fighter gesehen der soviel Pech hatte wie McCall.

“I’m retiring finally, I think people have been waiting for this for a long time. I’m done. This sport has taken so much from me — I shouldn’t say it’s taken, I’ve given this sport so much. And sure, I was the best in the world years ago and sure, people keep bringing up my ‘Al Bundy’ moment about beating Demetrious (Johnson), ‘Oh, you’re the guy, blah blah blah.’

I’ve had a good run, it’s been fun, but at the same time, it’s over. After enough shenanigans that I’ve been through, I think physically I could still do it. Physically I go in the gym, I train hard. I beat people up, I have a good time, I love doing it, but with my luck and I hate to be the guy that’s like, ‘It always happens to me, the bad things always happen to me,’ well they kind of do in this sport. ... I’m not gaining ground, I’m not getting closer to being the best in the world. The steps are getting farther and farther away and I’m not in this to be anything but the best in the world. And if I cannot compete at that level of the best in the world, then it’s just not worth it for me.

In Japan, after the fight I just went, you know what, I hate saying this but I can’t catch a break. Joe Rogan always talks a bunch of shit about how people are always like ‘they can’t catch a break’, well I can’t catch a break. But that’s okay, I’m just going to change my situation so I can catch a break.

I have a work ethic that’s second-to-none, so I’m just going to transfer over what I know work-ethic-wise from MMA to a different job, a different arena. I’ll always be part of MMA, I’ll always be at the gym, I still need to get my black belt in jiu-jitsu. Maybe consult for a fight promotion, I’m not sure what I’m really going to do, I’m talking to Combates, me and Campbell McLaren have been going back and forth.

There’s a lot of things that I would like to do that have just been ideas, there’s a lot of options, but I would really like to show the younger fighters — because I’ve been somewhat of a pioneer — what there is to do after this sport. Because these guys are screwed. People in this sport aren’t the smartest, sorry guys, we’re not the smartest people in the planet. So it’s really, really sad and really hard to see people not being able to get a job besides being a trainer at a gym for $25 an hour.

I’m happy. I didn’t take any bad brain damage — that I know of, yet — all in all, I’d say even though there are a lot of things I do regret, I had a lot of fun. Sure, I didn’t make the millions I was planning on making, but I’ll make it somewhere else. Life is good and I’m happy.”
      The Shockmaster botcht sein Debut als er hinfaellt….
      Davey Boy Smith kommentiert das trocken im Fernsehen:“He fell flat on his fooking arse…”