NXT 2.0 Results vom 18.01.2022

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Mitarbeiter gesucht! Meldet Euch bei Interesse bei unserem Misawa

Es gibt 2 Antworten in diesem Thema. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Misawa~.

• NXT 2.0 Results vom 18.01.2022

NXT 2.0
      WWE Performance Center
      Orlando, Florida

Singles Match
      Grayson Waller besiegte Dexter Lumis mit dem Rolling Stunner [10:01 min]

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 2022 First Round Match
      The Creed Brothers (Brutus Creed & Julius Creed) (/w Malcolm Bivens) besiegten Brooks Jensen & Josh Briggs nach der Sliding Lariat von Julius gegen Briggs [5:33 min]

Singles Match
      Dante Chen vs Guru Raaj endete im No Contest nachdem Duke Hudson in das Match eingriff [0:55 min]

Singles Match
      Ivy Nile (/w Malcolm Bivens) besiegte Kay Lee Ray mit einem Roll Up [4:24 min]

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 2022 First Round Match
      Edris Enofé & Malik Blade besiegten Legado del Fantasma (Joaquin Wilde & Raul Mendoza) (/w Elektra Lopez & Santos Escobar) nach einem Roll Up von Blade gegen Wilde [3:17 min]

Singles Match
      Dakota Kai besiegte Yulisa Leon (/w Valentina Feroz) mit dem Running Kick [4:05 min]

Singles Match
      WALTER besiegte Roderick Strong (/w Malcolm Bivens) mit der Powerbomb [12:16 min]
      "I've wrestled every Wrestler there is to wrestle in wrestling."
      "I come from a highly educated university, so when I come out and speak to these white trash I gotta dumb myself down"
      "You either die an Indie Darling or live long enough to see yourself become Cena"
      "Rollins is great at mixing kayfabe and real life. like remember that time when he cheated on his fiancee with a nazi? such a great heel."
      May the Bridges I Have burned light my way back home
    • Weiß nicht was lächerlicher/dümmer ist:

1) Das neue Gimmick von Sarray. Sie war die große Hoffnung des Joshi (japanisches Women's Wrestling) und hat jetzt ein Sailor Moon like "Eigentlich bin ich ein normales Schulmädchen, kann aber auch eine gefährliche Kämpferin sein" Gimmick....
      KLICK

2) WALTER heißt nun Gunther. WWE sicherte sich vor kurzen die Trademarks am Namen "Gunther Starks".
      Doch damit nicht genug, hier mal der Post vom Reddit-User "daney08":
      It seems NXT gave WALTER a new name, deciding to change it to Gunther. As per Louis Dangoor, WWE recently filed a trademark for the name 'Gunther Stark' who was a military commander for the Nazis in World War 2. As of right now WALTER, or Gunther, is not using the last name.
      But could it all be a big coincidence?
      Christian Bruns, a German pro-wrestling journalist, found some new information, and I decided to translate the new parts and give some additional context for how the implications of the new gimmick will be received by German viewers. You can find the German version of the article here.
      A couple of tweets from the last days seem strange in this new context. The Twitter-Account of WALTER Hahn talks about "EINMARSCH".
      First off, "Einmarsch" means invasion. Because of the afflicted nature of the word in German, one would be well advised to handle a German invading anything with more care. But, the situation gets worse, as WALTER is Austrian and not German. Guess who else was Austrian. The implication is very unfortunate.
      Additionally, last week Marcel Barthel published a tweet with the words "IMPERIUM over everything", which is very obviously a reference to the first verse of the Deutschlandlied. The tweet has been deleted since then.
      The third verse of the "Deutschlandlied" is the national hymn of Germany to this day. The first verse however was abused by the Nazis as a propaganda tool. It reads "Germany, Germany over everything, over everything in the world" [Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt]. As of today, the first two verses of the Deutschlandlied are not illegal per se, but they are very frowned upon. There are some groups in Germany that still use it, of course. Here is the Alternative für Deutschland (AfD), proudly singing the first verse. The AfD is not only a kind-of right wing party, but it positions itself on the radical right, gladly seeking out votes from fascists, PEGIDA, and neo-Nazis.
      I'm not sure if an international brand like WWE would want to associate themselves with that. I would hope the implications are only that, nothing more. But if not, WWE may accidentally stir up some trouble in the current political climate of Germany and Austria. Christian Bruns summarized the situation very well: Are they playing with fire, or is it all a coincidence? We know one thing for sure: This stunt catapults WWE as a brand in Germany back into the darkest time of the country.
      TLDR: I don't mean to imply that a German/Austrian person being proud of their country is inherently wrong. But in situations like this, with the vocabulary that is used, it's hard to ignore the historical and the political insinuations that are made directly on American television and are more than merely a new name.