UFC 48 Official Thread

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Mitarbeiter gesucht! Meldet Euch bei Interesse bei unserem Misawa

Es gibt 27 Antworten in diesem Thema. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Nefercheperur.

• UFC 48 Official Thread

UFC 48 wird am 19 June in dem Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas,Nevada stattfinden.Nun wurde ein weiterer Fight fuer den Event bestaetigt.Tim Sylvia wird auf Frank Mir treffen um den Vacanten UFC Heavyweight Title.Der Title ist seit UFC 44 Vacant als Sylvia positiv getestet wurde,bei UFC 47 It`s On konnte Sylvia nicht antretten,nun soll es also bei UFC 48 soweit sein und ein neuer UFC Heavyweight Champion gekroent werden.UFC President Dana White sagte dazu: "Tim has served his suspension, been very remorseful and has handled the matter extremely well. I’m looking forward to seeing Tim back in the Octagon and I’m anticipating a tremendous fight." Sylvia hat aufgrund seiner Sperre keine Fighterfahrung in den letzten 8 Monaten bis dahin sammeln koenne.Frank Mir hingegen hat bei UFC 46 Wes Sims zerstoert durch KO in der 2 Runde.Zum Fight gegen Sylvia meinte Mir: "I am training expecting this to be the hardest fight possible. Tim is going to be in the best shape possible and is not going to make a single mistake."

Im Main Event trifft jedoch "The World’s Most Dangerous Man" auf Kimo.Das ist eins der heisserwartetsten Rematches der UFC Geschichte.Shamrock hatte Kimo bei UFC 9 mit einem knee bar zur aufgabe gebracht.Es ist bis heute der letzte Sieg von Shamrock im Octagon,kurz danach bei UFC 10 verlor er gegen Dan Severn seinen UFC Superfight Title.Das Kimo gewillt ist und es noch kann zeigte sein Sieg bei UFC 43 gegen Tank Abbott.Shamrock trainiert schon seit geraumer Zeit fuer sein Comeback.Fuer beide koennte es die letzte Chance sein auf ein grosser Fight.Ausserdem wird es das Rematch von UFC 45 geben zwischen Phil Baroni und Evan Tanner.Folgend die komplette UFC 48 Card:

UFC 48 Card:

-Ken Shamrock (25-8-2) vs Kimo (10-3-1)

-UFC Heavyweight Title:
    Tim Sylvia (18-0) vs Frank Mir (7-1)

-Matt Hughes (36-4)vs Renato "Charuto" Verissimo (6-0-0)

-Dennis Hallman (51-8-2) vs Frank Trigg (9-2)

-Phil Baroni (6-3-0) vs Evan Tanner (30-4-0)

-Matt Serra (12-3) vs Ivan Menjivar (13-2)

-Jason Miller (22-4) vs Georges St. Pierre (6-0)
    The Shockmaster botcht sein Debut als er hinfaellt….
    Davey Boy Smith kommentiert das trocken im Fernsehen:“He fell flat on his fooking arse…”
  • Die Card gefaellt mir auch wieder gut,allerdings natuerlich nicht so gut wie UFC 47,aber immerhin. Kimo vs Shamrock sollte okay werden. Ich persoenlich rechne allerdings mit einem Sieg von Shamrock.Ich habe einiges gehoert wie er trainiert und er soll in herausragender Form sein.

Zu Sylvia vs Mir,auch das verspricht einiges,sowie natuerlich Tanner vs Baroni,das wird auch ein Fight wo viel auf dem Spiel steht.
    Davey Boy Smith kommentiert das trocken im Fernsehen:“He fell flat on his fooking arse…”
  • Ein weiter Fight wurde nun der UFC 48 Card angefuegt,Lee Murray trifft auf Curtis Stout.Die Card sieht nun wie folgt aus:

-UFC Heavyweight Title:

-Jason Miller (22-4) vs Georges St. Pierre (6-0)

-Lee Murray (8-1-1) vs Curtis Stout (3-3-1)
  • Den PPV werde ich mir auf jeden Fall bestellen. Sieht doch recht gut aus. :thumbsup: Freue mich besonders auf die beiden MEs und Evan Tanner (8)

Ich Tippe auch mal auf Shamrock vielleicht schafft er noch mal den Durchbruch, zutrauen tue ich es ihm auf jeden Fall. Mal gespannt wann man wieder was vom Bad Boy hört...
    "I'm sick of the rap game. I'm sick of this fucking industry, you know what I'm saying. It's run by the devil and 99% of everybody you deal with is a snake!" - DMX, 2003

In Memory of
    Owen Hart
    1965 - 1999
  • MMA Movie No Rules

Gehoert zwar nicht unbedingt hier rein,aber einen extra thread braucht es nun auch nicht.
    Im June wird ein Film namens No Rules in die Kinos kommen.Und niemand geringeres als Randy Couture spielt den Killer indem Film.Er spielt den Boesewicht der den Vater des Haupt Characters ermordet im Ring.Couture meinte dazu: It's 'Karate Kid' goes MMA,but it's got a gritty, underground feel to it. We fight bare knuckles."

Couture befindet sich momentan auf Promo Tour fuer den FIlm dabei gab es auch ein Interview ueber seine Zukunft bein der UFC.Couture forderte unterdessen Vitor Belfort heraus,und meinte Belfort sei ein feigling da er nicht gegen ihn antretten wollte.Belvort habe ihm den Refight muendlich zugesichert doch jetzt drueckt er sich vor ihm
  • Update/Ortiz Interview

Tito Ortiz hat sich jetzt zum erstenmal nach seinem Fight gegen Chuck Liddell bei UFC 47 in einem Interview gestellt:

MMA: Tito, are you happy with your performance durring the Chuck Liddell fight ?

Tito Ortiz: Yes, I'm really happy with the performance. It's just too bad that the mishap of his thumb hooking me in the eye off his left hook kind of stopped the fight for me. There was no other fight for me from then on out. I probably made a bad mistake by trying to close the gap in some positions, but at the same time, it was a mistake on Chuck's part, hooking me in the eye with a thumb. He saw that I was hurt and he just pretty much showed the type of fighter he really is by finishing me.

MMA: Many people have actually pointed out the thumb in the eye and I watched the replay many times. You're definitely wincing right before he hit you. Do you think that these MMA gloves that they're currently using are safe?

Tito Ortiz: I think they're safe. It's just something that happens -- little mishaps, accidents that happen like that. The next step now is making a rule for that because I think it's going to happen a lot more. I mean, it's too bad -- I lose a fight, of course due to Chuck Liddell's punching power, but more than anything by hindering my view of punches coming at me by hooking me with a thumb in the eye.

MMA: I want to ask you about that in a minute but my question while we're on the gloves is, at the event before that, Randy Couture was sliced in the eye by the seam of the glove. You were poked in the eye and it looked like Cabbage's ear got sliced. Do you think it might be time for them to look at some new gloves?

Tito Ortiz: I think so. I've looked at the glove myself. I train with the gloves and cuts do come a lot more quickly. But getting caught in the eye -- I think that's the most important thing. As far as boxing goes, when someone gets poked in the eye, the fight is stopped. They look to see if they can continue, let the doctor look at it, and usually go to the scorecards after the second or third round. So I think that some kind of rule that allows that is going to have to apply, or maybe possibly changing the gloves.

MMA: That's what I was going to get at. I'm looking at a boxing glove and I've got an MMA glove here in my hand. It's hard to get poked with the thumb of a boxing glove but the MMA glove -- your fingers just stick right out there. I know why they were designed, but do you think now that MMA is regulated and has gotten past whatever hurdles, it might be time to reinvent the glove?

Tito Ortiz: Yes, there are other things, too. A boxing glove is not open-palmed because in boxing there's no takedown. To do takedowns and submissions, you need to have an open glove. I don't know if they can make the glove bigger on the sides or in the palm -- make them a little bit heavier. Or they could just make a rule just in case someone getting caught in the eye the way I did happens again.

MMA: Okay, let's go back to the fight. You came into the fight a couple of pounds lighter than you would come in. Do you think that was a hindrance?

Tito Ortiz: No, I don't think it was a hindrance at all because at fight time, I was weighing about 216, 217 -- probably about 7 more pounds heavier than I was for the Couture fight. I just thought that the CVAC system that I'm using makes it a lot easier to lose weight because I'm in such great shape. The weight came off a lot more quickly than usual. I felt strong and at fight time, I felt strong. I don't think it was a hindrance to my competition. It's not good to lose that much weight but I was fine. My [sheet] felt really good and I felt confident going into the fight.

MMA: You stood there toe-to-toe with Chuck Liddell; he gave you props at the post-fight press conference. But as you and other people said, you were poked in the eye. Knowing what you know now, how would a rematch be any different from this match?

Tito Ortiz: I think I would add in my takedowns a little more. I wouldn't be so ignorant in just standing with the guy. I think that was something that I had to prove to myself. It was something that I had to prove -- "Oh, Tito's afraid to get hit" -- I'm not afraid to get hit with anything. I think it's just a factor of me stepping up and doing what I do best. The first round, I thought I was hanging good with Chuck Liddell. He barely hit me, gave me just one or two shots. I hit him with one or two shots. I had the game plan going throughout and I was trying to prove someone wrong by standing in the middle of the Octagon.

MMA:Where do you rank Tito Ortiz now in the 205 lb division?

Tito Ortiz:I'm not really worried about rankings or anything like that because when it's fight time, it just matters whose night it is. But I stay in the top five for sure. I'm not done in the sport. This loss did hurt me really badly -- I mean, I was more annoyed to get poked in the eye than anything because I couldn't really protect myself after that. Chuck Liddell fought a good fight but I still see myself in the top five in the world.

MMA: There's a rumor yesterday -- it popped up on the underground -- that you said you were going to the WWE.

Tito Ortiz: No, not any time soon. I`m still a fighter

MMA: Are you going to fight Lee Murray in June?

Tito Ortiz: I would love to fight Lee Murray in June. It's just that Lee Murray doesn't want to fight me. Poor kid, he's just caught so much flack…

MMA: He was on the Internet a few days ago calling you out.

Tito Ortiz: Really?

MMA: On MMAWeeklyRadio.com

Tito Ortiz: Really? Very cool. Well, hopefully they'll sign the contract and make it happen. I would love to fight him. I'm willing to fight anybody the UFC puts me up against. I think it lies in the hands of Joe Silva and Dana White right now, making the right decisions for the UFC's future. I want to fight anybody, man. Whoever wants to step up, I'm willing to fight. It's my time to come back and compete three times a year the way I used to, and that's going to make me a better fighter.

MMA: If you fought and beat Lee Murray, would you then be looking to jump back in the ring with Chuck and Randy again?

Tito Ortiz: I would love to. I would love to fight Chuck first. That would be the first fight I would like to do. I want to get redemption. I still think I can stand with the guy; I still think I could do a lot of different things for the game plan-wise -- actually make sure that I do win the next time I fight him.
  • Die Card ist klasse vorallem der heavyweight title
    fight ,der mainevent und der rest ist eigentlich auch ganz in ordnung. Shamrock gewinnt,aber Sylvia verliert
    auch wenn mein kumpel ne andere meinung hat,
    Aber egal was passiert:
    Shamrock rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
  • London bad boy Lee Murray wurde nun offiziell von der UFC 48 Card gestrichen.Er zog sich im Training am Freitag zu.Trevor Prangley wird nun Lee Muray ersetzen.Prangley hat zuletzt enorm beeindruckt und einen wichtigen Sieg gegen Andrej Semenov gehollt.Der neue Fight sieht wie folgt aus

-Trevor Prangley (6-1-0) vs Curtis Stout (3-3-1)
  • Eine weitere Fight aenderung gibt es fuer UFC 48.Jay Hieron (4-0) wird sein UFC Debut geben gegen Georges St Pierre (6-0) das gab nun UFC bekannt.Hieron vertritt Jason Miller der mit dem "Gesetz" in konflikt geraten ist.
    Die aktuelle UFC 48 Card fuer den 19 June sieht also wie folgt aus

-UFC Heavyweight Title:

-Jay Hieron (4-0) vs Georges St. Pierre (6-0)

-Trevor Prangley (6-1-0) vs Curtis Stout (3-3-1)
  • Ortiz vs Liddell wird man dieses Jahr nichtmehr sehen, wenn dann erst in einigen Jahren, wenn ueberhaupt. Zu UFC 48 man kann noch nichts genaues sagen,da sich staendig irgendein Fight aendert,das war auch das Manko von UFC 47 das sich 2 Tage vorher nochmal 2 Fights geaendert haben und 1 Fight ganz gecancelt wurde. Sollte es bei dieser Card bleiben,hat UFC 48 sicherlich die Chance besser zuwerden wie UFC 47 davon gehe ich eigentlich aus.
  • -Sie sind Freunde
    -Der ausgang des ersten Fights,denn Ortiz will nicht schon wieder auf die fresse bekommen.
    -UFC wird die zwei sicherlich nicht so schnell gegeinander stellen,da der Fight bei UFC 47 floppte gleich in mehrerer Hinsicht.
    -Sie kommen aus befreundeten Dojo`s Team Punishment und Team Pitfight
    -Ortiz braucht erstmal aufbau gegner,das dauert erstmal Jahre
    -Es ist fraglich wielange Liddell noch bei der UFC ist,denn so wie sie ihn behandeln....
    nur um mal einige gruende zunennen
  • Von "unterschieden" kann man nicht sprechen.Mann kann nicht Hockey mit Soccer vergleichen,schockolade und eis, oder eben MMA mit Pro Wrestling oder gar WWE.
  • Ken Shamrock Interview

Ken, can you tell us about Eric Paulson and what you think you were learning from him as a trainer? And how is his training different from your previous experiences?

Ken Shamrock: Everybody's training is different. We're doing a lot of core training with cables, you know, a lot more sparring, different techniques, different combos, grappling skills – just brushing me back up, getting me back into the swing of things -- just a different perspective on training is all it is. I trained around some great guys who then I trained, which is my style. I'm just getting different bodies and different people in there to shake things up a little bit. But I'm taking nothing away from my guys that help me train in Dallas because they are awesome and I would recommend anybody to go to them because they're top notch.

BoxingInsider.com: I'm happy you're 3000 miles away for this one -- after watching Tito's last two fights, some fans have said this is just evidence that Ken Shamrock is finished. Tito has been dominated by Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture. And you were dominated by Tito Ortiz, so fans are basically saying that this is more evidence that the older generation can't hang with the younger generation.

Ken Shamrock: Well, people can look at fights and say "Oh well, this guy beat this guy and this guy beat this guy". We can also look back at when Rico Rodriguez beat Randy Couture. And then Randy Couture came back and beat Tito Ortiz. You know, what are you going to say about looking at certain fighters that do certain things? People have bad days. There are things that I was trying to overcome and I wasn't able to. I've fixed those things. I have done some things to make me in better shape and a better fighter from where I was that last time.

I'm not trying to compete with the younger generation; I'm trying to compete with me. We'll see June 19 when I fight Kimo and I put Kimo away. After that I go after hopefully whoever's standing there, which I'm hoping I get…. Even though Tito lost this, I still would like to get that rematch with him and put an end to that myth of what this guy's saying, which is that the older guys compete with the younger generation. We can't compete to them head-to-head, but we can be smarter than them.

BoxingInsider.com: Because you're so popular and your tapes have been so widespread, people feel that you might be an open book when you play. How do you feel Ken Shamrock has or can reinvent himself to maintain an element of unpredictability in your fight game?

Ken Shamrock: Well, I think it's not about being predictable because obviously the last couple of times it's been enough to put a standup fight and there was no shooting and obviously very limited submission attempts. This time I've rounded my game off a little bit, gotten healthy -- and I'll go in there and I'll take whatever's given to me. But I can sit here and say almost anything I want but I guess the proof's in the pudding and all I have to do is get in the ring and just keep going. As long as I keep putting asses in the seats, people keep wanting to see me fight, I'll keep coming out.

BoxingInsider.com: A couple of fans have asked this: Ken, why are you training with (former WWE Wrestler) Steve Blackman for this fight as opposed to training with a top tier MMA team such as Teamquest or the Miletich camp?

Ken Shamrock: Well, I think that everybody needs to do certain things for themselves and I'm not just training with Steve Blackman. The fact is -- Steve hasn't been up to my school yet -- but when he does, he'll come up. Steve's an outstanding wrestler as far as shooting and getting in deep. Anybody who knows anything about training, it's getting several guys to work with you at your tired level and have them shooting on you when you're tired and different things of that nature. So Steve will come in and help me. He hasn't yet, but will -- just on takedowns, trying to get me to the ground. And you know, when you've got four or five guys working with you and making you tired, you just need guys in there to press you, and guys who are big and strong. That's what Steve's doing when he comes in. So Teamquest and these other people have their own people that they're training with, things that they're doing. I have the Lion's Den, which has been very successful for many, many years. There was a little tailing between the old generation to the new generation because I went in the WWF -- there was a five-year period between there. We have some young guys who are coming up who are pretty good but we're giving them some lower level events to build them up to the next level.

BoxingInsider.com: Is there a danger of training with guys who are your friends and who owe you and respect you -- such as the Lion's Den because they will never say, "Hey Ken, get your ass back in the gym for another 45 minutes of training"? Do you feel that might have been your problem in the past?

Ken Shamrock: Yes, though it depends on what you call "in the past." If you remember, I defended the UFC title four times. One time, two of the times back in the old days when there were no rules and no time limits, no judges, I'm handedly slammed Royce Gracie, Dan Severn -- choked him out, Kimo, Oleg Taktarov -- I was in a lot of fights where I didn't get a decision, where I basically manhandled those guys. I've fought in a lot of fights and I've trained with my younger fighters and taught them how to train, and then turned around and helped me with my training. So it's not to say I wasn't getting good training because I was getting good training. It's just that I needed some fresh faces -- a new look on things. Sometimes you've got to do that. It's like a football team, they get rid of coaches. It's not because that coach is not any good; it's just that they need new ideas, they need things to come in there and shake things up a bit. And that's all it was; that's all this is, is bringing in some new faces to shake it up a little bit. I've been doing this for a long time; I need some fresh faces and some fresh ideas. The guys that I train with are great trainers and anybody who wants to know that, just get with them and let them work with you and they'll show you. Just like myself: I still train people in the things that I do and it works. It's just that I needed to shake things up.

BoxingInsider.com: Ken, you were seen shaking hands and talking with your brother Frank at the show. We always get a ton of emails asking about what your current relationship is with him. Would you be willing to share what's going on with everybody?

Ken Shamrock: Frank and I, he's doing his own thing. A lot of what you hear in the press is just hearsay -- he said this, I said that. You just try and ignore those things. I know Frank has kind of done his own thing and I don't get into any of what goes on inside the press or what he said or anything like that. I've seen him; I hadn't seen him in a while. I was happy to see him; I gave him a hug, told him, "Hey, it's good to see you. I'm glad things are going great for you." And I left it at that because I'm not interested in asking questions or finding out whether this is true or whether that's true because it was a short period of time that I saw him. So I just made it a good thing and not a bad thing.

BoxingInsider.com: Finally, you've got a big media run coming up. You've got two months left between now and when you fight Kimo. What are you going to be working on in the next two months?

Ken Shamrock: I'm just going to be working on my basic stuff. I've been fighting a long time and I'm just brushing up on my skills and I'm going to get into better shape because I'm able to run and jump rope and do a lot of the core training. My conditioning is going to be back to where it should be because I can get in the road work and get in the jump ropes and the sparring and all the things I need to do without having to protect myself. I think that's my biggest change is going to be just my level of conditioning.

BoxingInsider.com: Kimo rocked Bob Sapp with a couple of hard shots when they fought in K1. Are you worried about being hit by Kimo?

Ken Shamrock: No, I'm not worried about anything. You can't worry about things like that. You've got to go in and fight your fight. Bob Sapp got hit; he got knocked down. I thought Kimo knocked him out and he won the fight. That's my opinion. I'm not Bob Sapp. I'm not as big as a house. Hitting me is going to be a lot more difficult than hitting him. My hands are quicker than Sapp's; I come straight in quicker than he does. My grappling skills are better than his. So Kimo's got a whole different person when he's facing me. Hitting me is going to be a lot more difficult than him hitting Sapp.

BoxingInsider.com: Is there anything else you want to say about Kimo?

Ken Shamrock: No, I just hope that he's training hard and that he brings his best game because I'm not looking for an easy fight; I'm looking for a good fight.

BoxingInsider.com: And after Kimo you're looking for Tito Ortiz, Royce Gracie… any other names out there?

Ken Shamrock: Royce Gracie, Tito Ortiz, Tank Abbott… those are the ones in mind. Got to get Kimo first so I'm definitely not looking past Kimo.
  • Spence Johnston,UFC PR Director hat zwar keine zahlen genannt jedoch scheint das Mandalay Bay Center am 19 June fast ausverkauft zusein.Johnston rechnet sogar fast mit einem sold out.Das waere fuer UFC natuerlich Phantastisch.

Interessant dabei ist das UFC 47 Zuschauertechnisch absolut entaeuschte und das obwohl Liddell vs Ortiz der Main Event war und gehyped wurde wie kein UFC Fight zuvor.Nun wird UFC 48 mit Shamrock vs Kimo geheadlined.Und wenn man sich die Zahlen aus der vergangenheit anschaut,dann sieht man das Ken Shamrock fuer UFC der absolute Top Draw ist.Wenn Shamrock auf der Card ist war bisher jeder UFC Event ein Erfolg von den Einnahmen her.