10.07.2005, 19:45
Zitat:Original von PsYcHoNein das Ziel war es den Giro zu gewinnen und die Tour zufahren, dies sagte Basso in einem Interview vor ein paar Monaten. Von einem Tour gewinn war nie die Rede nur davon auch eine gute Tour zufahren." I wanted to make a slow start but have my form arrive in the Giro and do the Giro full-gas. I won't race between the Giro and Tour and try to do a nice Tour. "
Basso sein Ziel war übrigens Giro Sieg und Tour-Sieg für dieses Jahr.
Er wollte beweisen,dass es noch machbar ist dieses Double zu holen.
Auf die Frage ob er neben dem Giro auch die Tour gewinnen will dieses Jahr meinte er: "It's not easy to win the Tour. I did a very nice Tour, a very strong Tour, but not near the win. I still lost five, six minutes to Lance; that's a lot of time. I think it's better to talk about winning the Tour when you arrive near the winner, not six minutes away. That's a big difference."
Auf die Frage ob er glaube das er die Tour gewinnen kann meinte Basso: "I'm sure I can win the Tour some day, I think it's possible to do the podium in the Giro and win the Tour, or win the Giro and get a podium in the Tour. I think everything is possible, but if I make the same program like I did last year, it's not sure I would win the Tour. There we a lot of people talking about winning the Tour before the start this year, but the Tour was the same. I don't think it's good to talk a lot, it's better to be strong on the bike."
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8019.0.html
